We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Ref No: 04/17 LOS
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Working hours per week: Rotational shift system
Duration of Post: 6 months
Start Date: 1st April 2017
Roles and Responsibilities
- Driving a range of vehicles in the BDHC Lagos fleet as directed by the Transport Unit supervisors.
- Carrying out daily maintenance checks and completing Daily Maintenance Check forms for any assigned vehicles to determine their road worthiness before embarking on any journey.
- To ensure any assigned vehicle is spotlessly clean before embarking on any trip.
- Accurate completion of Journey Record Sheets for all journeys in official vehicles.
- Keeping accurate records of fuel drawn and top-up fluids in the Journey Record Sheets of any assigned vehicle
- Undertaking any other assigned task (s) as directed by the Transport Unit supervisors
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent;
- A valid “Class E” Nigerian Drivers Licence;
- A good knowledge of the 2012 Lagos State Road Traffic Law;
- Relevant driving experience of not less than five years;
- Good command of written and spoken English;
- Good knowledge of Lagos metropolis will be an advantage;
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Defensive driving training
- Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Other Benefits and Conditions of Employment
- Successful candidates will work with other drivers in the pool on a rotational shift system to provide 24/7 vehicle service.
- This is a 6 months temporary contract from start date. Working hours will be conditioned hours as directed by the Logistics Team
Starting monthly salary N 185, 071 and FOT N25,061.40
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY
- Please complete the application form in full. Failure to do so may result in a determination that you do not meet the requirements for the position.
- Check your application and attachments before you submit your application, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
- Successful candidates not resident in Nigeria will be personally liable for costs and arrangements to relocate, including accommodation and work permits.
- The British Deputy High Commission will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.