APM Terminals, the results you deliver matter. We will give you lots of responsibility right from the start and plenty of opportunities to achieve your full potential. For all of our employees, we offer fair, competitive compensation and rewards which include continuous development opportunities. Since our talented employees are the foundation of our company culture and our success, we reward performance in a way that promotes continued achievement.
Job Title: Workshop Maintenance Mechanic
To repair, fault find and diagnose faults on Reach Stackers, Empty Stackers, Forklifts, Trucks, and other equipment in compliance with Code of Practice in the most cost effective manner. Ensuring optimum availability and reliability of equipment.
Refurbishing Mechanical, Pneumatic and Hydraulic components. To ensure that equipment and components comply with manufacturers specifications so as to provide optimum reliability.
Job purpose is to make sure the company can deliver the operational capability required to provide sustainable and competitive business advantage in:
Health, safety and environmental performance;
Reliability of mobile equipment ;
Consistency and quality of our service level;
Maintenance cost optimization
* To carry out all maintenance repairs and modifications on Reach Stackers, Empty Stackers, Trucks and other plant and equipment (when required) in accordance with the requirements of the Code of Practice and the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Ensuring high standards are maintained.
* To evaluate and analyse the nature, cause and perform the repairs of breakdowns. Determining the optimal way of dealing with the problem, to achieve a quality and cost effective solution, as well as minimal downtime and maximum Operational availability of Container handling equipment.
* Use sound knowledge of rigging procedures to recover equipment from yard due to accidents as efficiently as possible, ensuring minimal delays to operations.
* Have sufficient knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act. Enforce safe working procedures, for the purpose of safety of employees and people around you.
* To carry out repairs to defects as per Examiners defect list. To ensure safe working and minimize breakdowns to machinery and equipment
Qualification and Experience
* Trade Test/Certificate /Diploma as Mechanic.
* Code of practice
* Forklift, Sky jack, Reach Stacker, Man Lift, Empty Handler, Trucks
* 3-5 years experience as Mechanic in any ports, mines, steel and manufacturing plants plus shift working experience
* Self motivated
* Analytical and systematic
* Requires the ability to follow instructions & plan the work day.
* Required to keep work area organized, neat and efficiently planned (5S).
* Requires the ability to be responsive to emergency repairs with quality workmanship and service.
* Requires the ability to learn fast.
* Basic Electrical Knowledge
* PC Literate
* First Aid
* Valid driver’s license
Application Closing Date
29th March, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY