The Centre offers 18-month multiskill, theoretical and rigorous vocational training in three core disciplines:
• Mechanical maintenance activities
• Electrical / Instrumentation / Calibration maintenance activities
• Introduction to Automation maintenance
The Centre is ideally located in the middle of engineering activities in our Agbara factory. It is well equipped with the following facilities:
Modern classrooms, standard library, computer and technical drawings rooms, state of-the art electrical I instrumentation I automation and mechanical workshops.
The students are exposed to industrial work experience in the various plants within the factory. Trainees are continuously assessed and appraised during the period of training.
The best five students on completion of the programme will be sponsored by Swiss embassy to do a 3month internship at a Nestle Factory in Switzerland, The sponsorship is part of a bilateral Migration Partnership Agreement between Switzerland and Nigeria.
Candidates must have obtained the following qualifications not earlier than 2011.
Minimum of Lower Credit in Ordinary National Diploma (OND) issued by a Nigerian Polytechnic in any of the following (or related) fields of study:
• Mechanical Engineering
• Electrical and Electronics Engineering I Electrical Installation & Maintenance Practice
• Applied Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (Mechatronics)
• Applied Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics Engineering
• Industrial Measurement and Control I Instruments Mechanics Work
• Automation Engineering
• In addition, candidates are mandatorily required to have five 0’ Level credits or equivalent obtained in one sitting in the following subjects: Physics, Mathematics, English Language. Further Mathematics or Technical Drawing.
Application Closing Date: 12th March, 2013
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified Candidates who meet the above entry requirements should submit application electronically by completing online forms