Job Title: Store Officer
Reports To: Logistics Supervisor
Sub Function: N/A
Ref Code: ACN/ENG/SO/0313
To support the Logistics Supervisor in aspects of the Logistics / Material Planning of Engineering Spares requirements.
Establishing effective business relationships with other areas of Engineering, ensuring that spares are available as required to support operational requirements.
- Ensure that the inventory control levels (re-order levels, minimum order quantities etc) are set for ultimate efficiency on expendable items to prevent overstocking and stock out actual in the Aero Technical store and outstations.
- Advise Production, Technical Services and Maintenance Planning with relation to aircraft pre-loads and deferred defect requirements to ensure the availability of all necessary spares.
- Ensure there are sufficient spares and tooling coverage at all outstations to support Aero’s operation and meet agreed service levels and maximise overall cost efficiency of the entire Aero’s fleet.
- Authorise to borrow spares from other operators and daily review of all outstanding borrows to ensure replacement spares are available and fitted to reduce cost.
- Authorise the loan of spares to other operators and maintain daily monitoring of all loan activity.
- Ability to identify at an early stage, potential problems and risks, evaluate and anticipate implications and be proactive with all concerned parties in developing and defining contingency/recovery plans and actions.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- This position requires a graduate with a University degree / HND level in Sciences / Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years Airline Materials Planning experience.
- Must be eligible to work and keep to tight deadlines and priorities accordingly.
- An excellent working knowledge of NCAA, EASA, UKCAA, FAA, Inventory control systems, Material and Purchasing procedures and the ability to understand Manufactures IPC documents and technical drawings are essential.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills are very essential.
- Must have a good knowledge of computerized stock control system and be commercial savvy.
The following skills are essential:
- Analytical ability
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Must be computer literate
Application Closing Date
29th March, 2013
Method of Application
Interested candidates whose experience and competencies match the job profile should send their CV as an email attachment with the subject “Store Officer- ACN/ENG/SO/0313” to: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.