Job Title: Site Supervisor
- The Site supervisor is responsible for running project sites, coordinating team members, coordinating subcontractors, purchasing/coordinating the purchase of required materials, tracking where each project is both financially and time wise and liaising with clients.
- Communicate with clients.
- Discuss any questions/concerns clients may have about the project schedule, delivery, installations and fit outs.
- Discuss variations or additional requests from clients and schedule work to begin when variations are approved.
- Responsible for final walk through with client
- Responsible for compiling snag list.
- Communicate with team members.
- Lead/instruct employees, delegate responsibilities, ensure that tools and materials required are made available.
- Track, review and sign employee time sheets.
- Schedule artisans, tradesmen and subcontractors.
- Evaluate employees and provide feedback.
- Ensure team members are wearing approved clothing to site.
- Ensure correct safety gear is being used and regulations followed.
- Report any incidents, accidents, hazards or near misses in the work place immediately.
- Resolve conflict between employees and/or artisans.
- Communicate with subcontractors.
- Organise meetings and get quotes.
- Supervise and provide direction to trades men and artisans on site.
- Schedule and coordinate job(s) subcontractors.
- Schedule deliveries.
- Resolve conflict.
- Meet with clients, subcontractors, suppliers as required.
- Order/purchase materials for project sites.
- On site decision making.
- Time management.
- Preparing project schedules and working to ensure that schedules are followed and jobs are completed on time.
- Responsible for maintenance of delivery vehicles.
- Ensuring that drivers maintain the appropriate levels for Fuel, tyres, oil, etc.
- Ensuring that vehicles are serviced regularly and repairs are carried out as required.
- Responsible for the maintenance of tools and informing the owner if major purchases are required.
- Ensure quality control.
- Must present Blue Mahogany in a professional manner at all times.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The Site Supervisor must possess:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a Site Supervisory or Site Management role.
- Previous experience in managing large multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to read technical drawings and plans.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or similar programmes.
The Site Supervisor must be able to act responsibly and professionally with clients, employees, (sub) contractors and management and must Demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Team building skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills
The Site Supervisor must maintain strict confidentiality and must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be respectful.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2013.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs with cover letter to:[email protected]
for further enquiries please call 08025119405.