- Conduct and Co-ordinate and pro-active participate the Mechanical and Electrical maintenance and repairs on Mobile Harbor Cranes, Rubber Gantry Cranes Spreaders and other equipment in order to ensure the safe, cost effective and efficient maintenance of equipment.
- Conduct and Co-ordinate the technical disciplines of the Crane Department by optimal utilization of technical staff and equipment within budget ensuring maximum reliability and availability for operations.
- Job purpose is to make sure the company can deliver the operational capability required to provide sustainable and competitive business advantage in:
- Health, safety and environmental performance;
- Reliability of mobile equipment ;
- Consistency and quality of our service level;
- Maintenance cost optimization
Value and team-based leadership.
•An open and engaging working environment.
•A wide range of international career opportunities.
•Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment.
•Competitive compensation packages
• Maximizes resources – equipment and staff – by introducing proper co-ordination skills to ensure that maximum plant and equipment reliability and norms are achieved.
• Conduct, Co-ordinate and pro-actively involves with yearly controls on Mobile Harbor Cranes, Rubber Gantry Cranes Spreaders and other equipment.
• Involves its self on all aspects of repairs and maintenance, refurbishments, projects and new equipment to ensure that quality and deadlines are met and in line with budget. Perform other related functions required from time to time such as assistance with major emergency work;
• Encourages, supports and facilitates teamwork and innovative thinking to find best solutions to improve efficiencies and improve availability of Mobile Harbor Cranes, Rubber Gantry Cranes Spreaders and other equipment.
• Liaises with maintenance planners and operations for the booking out of the Mobile Harbor Cranes, Rubber Gantry Cranes Spreaders and other equipment for examining, repairing, servicing and refurbishments.
• Ensures that work done complies with safety standards and is of a high quality.
• Provide technical specialist support to mechanics and electricians during equipment breakdowns thereby minimizing the impact on the operations.
• Follow up and carry out repairs to defects as per Examiners defect list. To ensure safe working and minimize breakdowns to machinery and equipment.
Who we are looking for
- High school diploma and additional vocational / technical education Trade Test/Certificate /Diploma as Mechanic, Electrical engineering.
- Additional training in both electrical and mechanical fields is preferred.
- Code of practice
- Mobile Harbor Cranes, Rubber Gantry Cranes and Spreaders
• 1-5 years experience as Mechanic / Electrician in any ports, mines, steel and manufacturing plants plus shift working experience
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
- Self motivated
- Analytical and systematic
- Requires the ability to follow instructions & plan the work day.
• Requires knowledge of wide range of electrical equipment, industrial control systems, variable drive systems, and mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems and their controls.
• Requires knowledge and ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics, service & parts manuals for various
Last application date: 14 September 2014.