The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Title: Senior Brand Manager
Job ID: 27336
Description & Requirements
- Lead the development & execution of marketing strategies & plans for the brand to maximise long-term volume & profit flow and increase the long-term value of the brand.
- Responsible for Brand P&L, accountable for delivering UC, GP, DME and Brand Contribution goals, managing the set up and day-to-day execution of brand plans, recommending and implementing corrective/adjustment actions up/downside to optimize effectiveness and ensure achievement of targets.
- Nurture an effective working relationship with Franchise/Division/SBU supporting service units and the Bottler(s) and lead proper field execution of marketing strategies.
- Lead, motivate and develop capabilities of the Brand Team (where applicable).
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategic Thinking/Planning (25%) – Develop a 3-year portfolio strategy for the brand Ensure maintenance of brand equity in all initiatives; Develop and communicate the Annual Brand Plan in line with the ABP Process; Communicate and drive Strategy across the Division; Challenge all aspects of the marketing mix in terms of understanding and awareness of consumer & customer trends and their impact on brand strategy and plans; Manage brand as a business in terms of drivers, opportunities and return; Use financial insight to make principle based strategic decisions which benefit the Division; Align strategy (with all key stakeholders, including bottlers) across the Division to ensure value for the system; Guardian of the integrity of the brand/trademark; develop and maintain competitor intelligence; .
- Deliver results (40%) – Develop and manage brand team (where applicable) to support strategic direction; Establish and drive brand volume, share, and profit objectives; Anticipate situations and develop approaches that maximise the business opportunities; Integrate all marketing efforts (advertising, promotions, experiential, marketing assets…) within a consistent overall brand plan, including Division and SBU Specialist Support teams; Define marketing DME requirements and proper allocation across the Marketing mix elements; Ensure all brand strategies and plans are consistent with SBU deliverables and business objectives; Actively observe and ensure adherence to quality standards across all brand initiatives across the Franchise; Ensure advertising executions meet agreed success criteria across Division/SBU; Provide support to countries/territories/clusters (where applicable) in planning & implementation; apply all agreed KO Marketing Process and Procedures; tactical plans are developed and monitored for delivery against strategy; marketing plans implemented, monitored and evaluated in line with Brand Plan; Tracks and analyses brand performance and initiatives.
- System Alignment (20% )- Build Bottler commitment to the annual marketing plan covering consumer and operational marketing objectives; Develop with the Bottler, through marketing operations teams, an effective implementation plan for all marketing activities; Implement appropriate tracking procedures to ensure proper execution of these activities; Monitor plan execution in consistency with TCCC standards; Ensure seamless consumer marketing information flow within the system (from/to Bottler and within TCCC departments).b
- Talent development (15%) where applicable – Conduct audit on marketing personnel against agreed role descriptions and competencies; Build skills within the brand team in all areas of the Marketing Mix driven off an RGM planning mindset & integrated BPPC execution.
- Accountable for Brand P&L
- Brand totals for: Unit cases, Gross Profit, DME, Brand Contribution
- Brand health measures
Extensive Medium to High Level Strategic/Operational Interaction with: BU Marketing Director , BU Strategic Marketing Manager, BU and SBU Specialist teams, Franchise Marketing teams (where applicable), Bottler senior managers, supplier/agency mgmt. & account management, Channel marketing
Nature and Purpose of the Interaction: Develop and align brand marketing and business strategies and plans to deliver sustainable system profit growth.
Direct Reports; Brand Manager – Stills
Related Job Requirements/Qualifications
- Develop Brand Plan
- Maintain Brand Essentials
- Develop and Implement Promotional Activities
- Activate Brand Mix
- Manage Brand Communication Strategy
- Secure Bottler Integration
- Manage Commercialisation Process
- Manage Research Process
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas
- Delivers Results
- Balances Immediate & Long-Term Priorities
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements
- Develops and Inspires Others
- Lives the Values
- 8 years brand marketing experience in a FMCG environment. Experience of managing people will be beneficial.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Has worked most of his/her career in a collaborative working situation, in which different viewpoints from a range of stakeholders needed to be taken into account to arrive at a productive solution.
Business issues (full spectrum) – brand level across markets in geography
People issues (full spectrum)
Judgement and Decision Making
See key duties/responsibilities
About 25% within Franchise, Business Unit
As per work location
Application Closing Date
10th December, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY