The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable candidate for the position of Research Supervisor at the Institute’s Headquarters in Ibadan.
Job Title: RESEARCH SUPERVISOR – Seed Systems (AfricaRice) 2-year renewable Contract
Successful candidate will:
- Coordinate all AfricaRice seed foundation activities in Nigeria;
- Multiply and distribute breeder and foundation seed on requests to the public and private seed companies;
- Carry out regular varietal maintenance and purification of improved rice varieties
- Link farmers, seed producers and variety release agents in PVS to speed up the release and dissemination of new varieties;
- Prepare, develop training and extension materials on seed production and handling for technicians and farmers;
- Maintain and clean all AfricaRice seed stores
- Facilitate timely packaging, delivery and marketing of improved seeds to farmers;
- Undertake any other duties as required by the Deputy Director General of Research for Development, Program Leader-Rice Sector Development and Regional Representative and coordinator.
Qualification and Experience
BSc/HND in Crop Production or related field plus at least 3 years experience in breeder and foundation seed production. Field experience on rice seed production in a research Institution will be an added advantage.
- have interest and ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multicultural teams
- be computer literate
- have strong statistical skills
- possess good interpersonal and communication skills
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date:
10th June, 2013
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package and photocopies of credentials, to IITA WEBSITE