Cyclofoss Technologies Limited is a young and growing Information Technology (IT) company based in Lagos, Nigeria, that provides IT solutions and services for our clients. We also operate community and social media web sites in a number of categories. With a flexible and scalable platform, we operate a rapidly growing network of websites, web-based, and software products that offer consumers the ability to access and share information through extensive online communities.
We recognize that our continued success as a company depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees.
Why work when you can play? We’re looking for ambitious, razor-sharp self-starters who take play seriously because to them work is play and they love the game and play it passionately. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
We have a great opportunities for young graduates who are self-motivated and had made a great deal of efforts in developing themselves in the field of IT as Software gurus with bias in PHP / MSQL, and must be Social Media lovers who spend appreciable time daily on social media platforms.
Job Position: PHP / MySQL Programmer
Location: Festac Town, Lagos
Level: Entry Level or Mid-level
Type: Permanent – Full-time
We’re looking for creative, motivated PHP / MySQL Developers to help us build a rapidly growing, community focused, and aesthetically pleasing web platform that’s at the cutting edge of design and technology. Successful candidates are individuals who are strong with php and mysql and know how to use them together effectively and efficiently. The ideal candidate is up to date on the latest web tech and trends and are always trying new things out. They hear the phrase “AJAX” and point out that its nothing new. They know a thing or two about scalability and how to make each line of code worth the bytes they take up. They desire to work for a small company where they know they don’t have to cut through a lot of red tape to get things done.
We look for people who are passionate for learning, opinionative, curious, and have inborn qualities of problem-solving, achieving, and leadership. We provide a challenging environment to our people and let them to build on their strengths and expand their opportunities. We are self-organized, self-motivated, and the drivers of our own solutions.
- The role will mainly play with a community-oriented site powered by PHP and MySQL Bulletin Board Board software application like Simple Machine Forum (SMF), vBulletin, phpbb, etc.
- The role will on daily basis, administer, maintain, update and tweak this pre-built software, and when necessary will optimize the application to suit our fan base, so ability to understand code written by others is required.
- The role will be responsible to grow the community, so ability to develop and maintain high-traffic online community is required.
- Designing, developing, testing, and debugging web applications for our community website.
- Integrating new solutions into our existing platforms using either custom code or APIs.
- Optimizing and maintaining existing code/applications.
- Maintaining thorough documentation of all programs and procedures.
- Participating in code review and design.
- Focused on results, not hours invested
- knowledge / ability to develop and maintain high-traffic online community
- Good graphics design ability using Photoshops or other popular image edition software applications.
- Though the role is not a hardcore programming role, the selected candidate will be responsible to re-program the application if the need arises, so extensive knowledge of php coding and mysql, and how to use them effectively and efficiently is required.
- You must be well organized and able to deliver tasks as we are a results-oriented company.
- Can establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Understanding of best practices for search engine optimization.
- knowledge of Web 2.0 and how social media, blogs, chat, and forums integrate with the web.
- An eye for good graphic design and creativity essential
- Excellent strategic planning and research ability
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Good HTML and Web design skills
- Must be very detail oriented
- Can communicate well with team members
- Can use Microsoft office packages efficiently
- Is technology savvy and learns new software easily
- Has excellent written and verbal skills
- Has a can-do attitude and is ready to work
- We don’t care about your educational qualification, we care about Results, that’s what moves our business, not your paper qualification. If you can do the job, why not apply? whether you possess OND, NCE, HND, BSc, MSc, P.hD, etc.
- Must be highly organized and self-motivated.
- Must be conversant with the Internet.
The pay is negotiable. Prove to us what you can offer and we promise to make you an offer you can’t refuse. The truth is that we are not looking for Job Seekers, we are only looking for Problem Solvers, and we will reward them handsomely for solving our business problems, thus, adding great value to our company.
Application Closing Date
3rd July, 2013
How To Apply
If you feel that you have the qualities required to add value at Cyclofoss, to help us move forward toward the future as the leading Internet Media Organization, then we would like to hear from you. Just send CV to: [email protected] using Job Title as the Subject of the email. Don’t forget to send a cover letter in the body of the email. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Note: We are busy people, we only need applications from serious minded candidates who believe sincerely in their hearts – THEY CAN DO THE JOB EFFECTIVELY.