Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a new start-up Data Centre company in Nigeria. The company offer an integrated solution centre to provide Co-location data hosting services to telecommunication companies, banks, Internet service providers and other companies within Nigeria.
Job Title: NOC Engineer – Intermediate
Job reference: NGA1410
Sector: IT & Telecom – Nigeria – Western Africa
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- The aim of this role is to monitor system conditions, documents any changes made to networks, constructs a procedural manual for handling network problems and maintaining network security.
- Working as a member of a small team on a three shift basis,
- Monitor performance of customer services including production of performance reports, alarm analysis and fault resolution and liaison with customers and third parties.
- Support Operations management in the commissioning, maintenance, expansion, upgrade & monitoring of the company’s telecommunications equipment & fibre optic infrastructure including production of change reports.
- Support Operations management in maintaining the integrity of the Company’s Comms room ensuring security, power supplies, UPS, fire protection, suppression and air conditioning systems are maintained and operational.
- Support Operations management with customer connection/expansion including network capacity checks, ensuring suitability of customer’s CPE and installation, testing and commissioning of Ethernet, SDH and DWDM cards.
- Support Operations management with the configuration, upgrade, maintenance and day to day management of the company’s Communications Network Management and Element Management systems.
- Provide out of hours standby cover to customers in fault situations on a rotational basis.
- Fault handling and escalation (identifying and responding to faults on Company’s systems and networks, liaising with 3rd party suppliers, handling escalation through to resolution).
- Provisioning (IP assignment, core network configuration, DNS setup, monitoring and graphing for colocation, leased lines, customer backup and other customer network services).
- Maintenance of technical documentation (for NOC) of processes and procedures used throughout normal operations.
- Tier 3 Support for co-location, customer backup network and ISP services.
- Participate in a 24x7x365 call-out rota required.
- A degree in computer science, engineering, telecommunications or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience in networking and hardware support and troubleshooting in a mission critical data centre environment
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem solving skills
- ITIL v3 Foundation Level Certification a plus
- CCNA certification a plus
- Strong commitment to high standards and quality service.
- High level of integrity and ethical behaviour – sets a good example.
- Good communication skills – oral, written, IT and presentation.
- Highly motivated and performance orientated.
- Committed to development of team talent. Hands-on, performance oriented, practical and pragmatic, with a proven ability to “get the job done”.
- Proven A1+ physical health is a must. Strong work ethic, endurance and ability to work long hours under challenging operating conditions.
- Proven “staying record” – no job hopping.
Application Closing Date
9th September, 2013
Method Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY