Job Title: Director, Finance and Administration
Ref No: ES0057
Locations: Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting To: Reporting to the Executive Director.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for strategic planning, development and implementation of appropriate financial management framework to support the realisation of NCF’s corporate goals.
Key Responsibilities will be to:
The major focus of this role will be to develop, implement and manage short, medium and long-term strategies that will ensure the continued growth, sustainability and profitability of the NCF
- Lead the overall operations of Finance and Administration functions, as well as serve as a primary interface with the Executive Director and Director of Technical Programmes on financial and administrative matters. • Ensure timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual management reports to aid management decision-making process.
- Coordinate financial planning, operations and controls for optimal efficiency and ensure the functionality of the Organisation’s financial structure.
- Oversee personnel administration, including recruitment, staff training, performance management, payroll and benefits, procurement and administration.
- Manage relationship with all stakeholders and ensure timely remittance of all statutory deductions to the relevant bodies, including financial institutions, auditors and regulatory authorities.
Qualification, Experience and Attributes
- A good first degree in accounting, finance or any other related disciplines from a reputable institution. Post-graduate degree(s) in finance, economics or business administration are essential
- Relevant professional qualification(s) in accounting such as ACA ACCA
- Minimum of twelve (12) years’ relevant experience in a senior financial management position, preferably with a non-profit organisation.
- Advanced financial and accounting knowledge, including in-depth understanding of international and Nigerian accounting and financial reporting standards, as well as hands-on experience in financial planning and analysis.
- Strong business acumen, maturity and tact, as well as the ability to relate with the highest levels of management of financial institutions and other stakeholders.
- IT skills – Microsoft suite with emphasis on Excel (Intermediate)
- Experience in SAP would be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical skills, high level of accuracy, methodical with attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Flexible approach to role and requirements
Application Closing Date
29th October, 2013
Method of Application
To apply, please quote the appropriate reference number as the subject of your e-mail and send your current curriculum vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to: [email protected], not later than 29 October 2013.
Please include in your application, a statement of how you meet the advertised criteria, as well as names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements and abilities.