We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world’s leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. We are continuously interested in talented individuals who want to progress their careers and make a difference to our business.
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Title: Customer Marketing Manager (Reserve)
Function: Customer Marketing
Level: Level 5 M1
Reports To: Head of Reserve
Nigeria is a major market for Diageo and has historically been involved in the sale and manufacture of beer, Lager, RTDs and Malt drinks within this market.
The Nigerian drinks market is relatively unsophisticated, but highly dynamic. In that regard, Nigeria represents the greatest spirits growth opportunity available on the continent. Diageo Brands Nigeria (DBN) has been established to expanding Diageo’s operations and portfolio of brands by venturing into the marketing and sales of Diageo’s already existing rich Spirit brands.
The Customer Marketing Manager is responsible for driving Diageo Brands Nigeria /Reserve Regional Sales Function together with our distributors, to execute jointly developed Shopper based demand creation programs for DBN/Reserve products through and with our customers (off & on premise) via our distributor partners.
- Financial management of the tactical divisional budget
- Responsible for implementing Below The Line strategies
There is a significant interface between Marketing and Sales functions as well as partner agencies as well as the creation of a link to Shopper, Consumer, Customer and Category understanding.
Purpose of Role:
- The role holder will work closely with the Reserve Sales managers to develop & implement National and divisional Below the Line activities across brands within Divisions and also works closely with Sales team to ensure annual Sales Unit and Joint customer planning across all Channels within Division.
- While this role is highly executional in nature, this position is expected to bring value to each project and influence the brand and sales activities under their control and take full responsibility for completion of agreed upon tasks, promotion & projects.
- The position has no direct reports but has to manage virtual sales teams across assigned region, distributors, secondary trade as well as manage overall Customer marketing agenda and the central CM team based in the Lagos Headquarters.
1. Activation of BTL Activities
- Outstanding execution of all BTL activities within the Division
- Winning the Visibility War at retail within the Division
2. Excellent Sales force Communications
- Sales force briefs, Activity Briefs, cycle activation, pricing etc
3. BTL Agency Management
- Close management of 3rd Party BTL Agencies/teams within the Division
4. Effective M&E
- Effective Measurement and Evaluation of BTL and tactical activities within the Division, with Search and spin from other Divisions
5. Customer Management responsibilities:
- Control Advert & Promotion (A&P) investment agreed in customer plans per channel.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Graduate calibre with minimum 6 years commercial experience in sales or marketing
- Creative problem solving skills
- Strong Relationship management & interpersonal skills
- Exceptional project management skills
- Able to multi task in a fast paced environment delivering flawless execution of tactical plans.
- Highly analytical and commercially literate
- Strategic and inquisitive thinking,
- Be a strong influencer and negotiator with a range and adaptability of style.
- High level of influencing skills
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Inability to garner wide support quickly from sales and marketing departments.
- Inability to plan strategically
- Inability to properly identify risks, and plan mitigation steps
40% in Office, 60% in Trade
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2014
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY
[email protected], philipodiakose @yahoo.com