Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy formulation and implementation expertise and business operation improvement skills.
Job Title: Linux Admin / PHP Developer
The successful candidate will work together with the IT VAS Executive to ensure that all main actions linked to the VAS platform are properly coordinated, scheduled and followed up on in order to establish corrective actions and ensure safety of data and access to the platform.
* Develop mobile and web applications
* Deploy new products and services.
* Manage all IS infrastructure, network upgrades and security
* Ensure systems/ servers are always up, running and backed up
* Monitor procedures to manage all VAS & IN platforms; preparation/configuration/ analysis of Logs (Short codes, SMS, Downloads, etc)
* Monitor VPN & SMPP connections to networks and third parties
* Monitor the gateway
* Ensure 24/7 service availability of mobile media content and infrastructures
* Format and upload content
* Prepare monthly log and ensure smooth operation of the VAS platform on a daily basis.
* At least 2-4 years of sound technical exposure; experience in deploying VAS solutions is an added advantage.
Educational Qualification and Requirements
* Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science/ Electronic Engineering/ Technology related field.
* Familiar with telecommunication technology architecture
* Working knowledge of Microsoft IIS and ASP.NET; Web/ Internet content filtering.
* Domain name, service configuration and management; antivirus management and firewall configuration
* Network Optimisation: High speed LANs based on fast Ethernet technologies, Local to WAN connections, wireless LAN, TCP/IP and other protocols
* Programming skills (Visual, Basic and / Java); Operating systems/Database : Windows (2003, XP, Vista, Red-Hat Linux (Shell Scripting), Oracle DB, SQL, Php, Java)
* Microsoft Application Suites: Office 2003 (English), Visio and Project
* Hardware: Administration and setup of Intel / Dell servers and PC systems with the following peripherals: mouse, monitors, multimedia systems, memory and network cards
* Good communication skills.
31st March 2013