The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the position above at the Institute’s Headquarters in Ibadan.
Job Title: Foreman Refrigeration (2-year renewable Contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Installs, maintain and repair air conditioning and refrigerating system
- Inspects completed work for conformance with specifications, requirements, and compliance with applicable safety codes and regulations
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostics hardware to perform work
- Operates various measuring, diagnostics and testing instruments
- Reads blueprints, piping, sketches, schematics and wiring diagrams
- Install electrical and controls and test for proper operation
- Recommend, repair or replace worn or defective parts
- Have good knowledge on conservation, recovery and recycling of refrigerant
- Performs brazing, soldering, pipefitting, welding and Fabrication
- Respond to unscheduled and emergency service request
- Monitor stock of key emergency spares applicable to areas of responsibilities
- Maintain accurate and up to date plant records.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Qualification and Experience
Bsc/HND Mechanical Engineering and other related fields plus at least 3 years relevant working experience in industrial, commercial and residential refrigerating system.
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Excellent English reporting, writing and oral communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point)
- Strong ability to co-ordinate, prioritise and organize workload; take initiative and work under pressure
- Good team spirit and also participate as a team member in accomplishment of duties.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date:
10th June, 2013
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package and photocopies of credentials, to IITA WEBSITE