International Institute of Tropical Agriculture Ibadan
Expression of Interest for the Supply and Installation of IITA Irrigation Equipment
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) works to improve cropping systems productivity, wh.ch will lead to rural poverty reduction and economic growth. In order to pursue these objectives, IITA conduct research in various research stations to develop and disseminate crops and NRM technologies. In order to ensure the conduct of research in dryland areas, the Institute will need to install an irrigation system on its Research farm at Minjibr, Kano State based on a commissioned design. The irrigation is to support research work on maize and other legumes planted on 5 hectares of land with the possibility of accommodating 2.0 Ha per year of either crop with need for supplemental irrigation.
IITA therefore invites expression of interest for the above-mentioned work.
Brief description of scope of work:
1. Validate the already designed IITA irrigation system.
2. Supply materials for the installation of irrigation system in a timely fashion.
3. Install and train end users on the system and provide one year service maintenance for it.
- A company with vast experience on irrigation system within and outside the country.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in installation and maintenance of irrigation systems.
- Experience in the dry Savannah area will be an advantage.
Place of Assignment: IITA Kano Station, Minjibr farm
Duration of Assignment: 3 Months
Tentative Date of Commencement: 31st March, 2014
Detailed Terms of Reference: Shortlisted firms will be contacted.
Deadline for Applications: 11th March, 2014
Applications to be submitted to:
Head of Supply Chain
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA),
Oyo Road, Ibadan.