PRE-QUALIFICATION OF DEVELOPERS AND MANAGERS OF NEIGBOURHOOD CENTRES AND MARKETS
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
- Metropolitan areas in Kaduna State require modern neighbourhood and district centres, and modern markets to improve the shopping experience, and eliminate the eyesores that irregular stalls along major streets constitute to the urban landscape.
- The Kaduna State Government (KDSG), in its bid to fulfil its obligations to residents of the State, wishes to facilitate the provision of modern neighbourhood centres and new markets, as well as upgrade of selected existing market in Kaduna, Zaria and Kafanchan to urgently fill this clearly identified need of the people.
- The Sites proposed for this purpose must have been selected strategically in order to best meet the shopping needs of the large numbers of people living in the mostly busy neighbourhoods.
- In furtherance of this goal the KDSG wishes to partner with Private Sector Developers (without equity participation) for the development of modern neighbourhood centres in the Kaduna, Zaria and Kafanchan metropolitan areas. KDSG hereby invites Expression of Interest (EOIs) for the immediate development of neighbourhood centres and new markets including redevelopment of existing markets for the sites of locations listed in the table below.
- Please note that the addresses listed for the locations are only to afford interested respondents an idea of the locations. Interested respondents are therefore, expected to contact the undersigned to arrange visits to the sites for an exact identification.
- NEIGHBOURHOOD CENTRES:
|LOT NO.||ADDRESS||NEIGHBORHOOD OR DISTRICT||SIZE OF LAND|
|1.||Sultan Bello Road by Flyover comprising two sites A and B||Ungwan Sarki||0.28 Hectares|
|2.||Isa Kaita Road/Sultan Road Area||Ungwan Sarki||0.71 Hectares|
|3.||Akali Road Opposite Murtala Mohammed Square||Ungwan Rimi||1.08 Hectares|
|4.||Muhammed Buhari way near Kaduna club||Ungwan Rimi, Kaduna||2.28 Hectares|
|5.||U/Rimi Market by Emir Road||Ungwan Rimi, Kaduna||0.41 Hectares|
|6.||Tafawa Balewa Way near Former ABU Teaching Hospital.||Ungwan Rimi,Kaduna||0.21 Hectares|
|7.||Liberia Road –Behind Technical College Malali||Malali,Kaduna||2.25 Hectares|
|8.||Constitution Road by Police Brrack near KTL Staff Quarters||Kabala Costain,
|9.||Aliyu Makama Road Barnawa near KTL Staff Quarters||Barnawa,
|10.||Duste Close Behind SCOA,Opposite Isa Kiata Residence Ungwan Shanu||Ungwan Shanu,
|11||.Badikko near Kaduna Polythecnic||Badikko Kaduna||1.9 Hectares|
|12||Railway Station Round-About,
|13||Lebanon Club Area Samaru Road Zaria||Samaru,Zaria||2.9 Hectares|
- NEW MARKETS OR DEVELOPMENTS:
|LOT NO.||ADDRESS||NEIGHBOURHOOD OR DISRTRICT||SIZE OF LAND|
|14||Rigasa New Market||Rigasa, Igabi||9.6 Hectares|
|15||Dan Magaji Market||Zaria,Zaria||15.9 Hectares|
|16.||Kafanchan Market||Kafanchan, Jema’á||8.41 Hectares|
|17||Manchok Market||Manchok||Redevelopment & Management|
|18||Milennium City Market||Chikun||20 Hectares|
|19||Sabon Gari Market||Sabon Gari||9.5 Hectares|
|20.||Unguwan Sanusi Market||Tundun Wada
|Kurmin Mashi,Kaduna||0.269 Hectares|
|23||Barnawa Market||Barnawa, Kaduna||0.98 Hectares|
|24||U/Rimi Market||Unguwan Dosa,
|26||Unguwan Shanu Market||Unguwan Shanu,
|27||Kasuwan Dole||Barnawa, Kaduna||1.82 Hectares|
|28||Kabala Costain Market||Kabala Costain
|29||Kawo Market||Kawo,Kaduna||3.04 Hectares|
- The developer may be a single firm or a consortium and is required to possess the necessary financial and technical capacity to undertake its selected site(S). In case of a consortium, evidence in form of a partnership agreement shall be required and lead firm or an SVP clearly identified.
- EVALUATION CRITERIA, SUBMISSION TIME AND OPENING OF THE EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
Expression of interest (EOI) submissions by developers or consortia of developers shall be complete with the following which shall constitute the evaluation criteria:
- A comprehensive company or consortium profile supported with CAC Forms CO2 AND CO7, Articles and Memorandum of Association, partnership agreements etc.
- Verifiable evidence of technical and financial capacity
- Verifiable evidence of track record developing projects of similar size or nature.
- Evidence of tax clearance certificates for 2012, 2013, 2014 from the Federal Inland Revenue Services (FIRS).
- Three years audited accounts for the last three years(2012,2013 and 2014)
- Payment of N250,000.00(Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira Only) processing fee to the Kaduna State Government
- FURTHER INFORMATION
a.Expression of interest shall be submitted in Six(6) hard copies (one original & five copies ) and two(2) soft copies in a sealed envelope clearly marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF NEIGHBOURHOOD CENTERS & MARKET S(LOT X) IN KADUNA STATE” Interested developers can express interest for more than one lot but must be submitted in separate envelopes. The EOI shall be delivered not later than 15.00hrs Nigerian time on 24th December, 2015 to the address below:
The Senior Special Assistant
Public Private Partnership(PPP) Office
Kaduna State Government
Sir Kashim Ibrahim House
Tel:+234 809 696 1576
All EOIs will be opened immediately after the deadline in the PPP Office of the above address, in the presence of all interested firms that choose to attend.
Please note that:
- Only firms shortlisted firms will be invited for further consideration
C .Late submissions will be rejected
- This advertisement shall not be constructed as a commitment on the part of the Kaduna State Government to appoint any firm nor shall it entitle any firm submitting documents to claim any indemnity or compensation.
- The Kaduna State Government reserves the right to take the final decision on EOIs without any responsibility to the respondents.
- Interested applicants may obtain further information at the address stated above from 8.00am to 4.00pm
- Expression of interest through email or fax will not be accepted
- All submissions must be made in the English Languaget