Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client is an Oil and Gas company that specializes in providing petroleum products both in Nigerian and international marketplaces. They offer comprehensive services that span petroleum exploration and production through distribution of refined products to retail service stations. Their operations extend throughout Nigeria as well as neighboring countries.
As part of their re-structuring process, they have decided to hire an Executive Speech writer.
Job Title: Executive Speech Writer
Department/Unit: Office of the Executive Vice Chairman
Reports to: Executive Vice Chairman
Internal relationships: All employees
Executive Speechwriting, provide strategic communications support to the Executive Vice Chairman which include writing speeches, presentations, talking points, scripts, blogs, op-eds, white papers and other communications, as needed.
- Responsible for internal and external communication that position the organization in the right public image
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with sponsors of industry and leadership conferences, forums, industry fairs and other events in order to secure favorable agenda placement for the Executive Vice Chairman and other Management executives.
- Research audience expectations, event agenda, topics and remarks of other speakers, focusing the purpose of each speech to tailor messages for audience appeal and impact.
- Responsible for translating statistics into a script and ensuring all presentations are precise and accurate.
- Provide research, writing, editing and fact-checking for the EVC’s speeches and all company presentations
Key Skills and competencies
- Exceptional writing, messaging and positioning skills.
- Strong sense of narrative and storytelling to illustrate points and connect with audiences.
- Creativity and the ability to tell a story using visual and writing tools.
- Ability to build consensus among a diverse leadership team and manage multiple
- Responsibilities while delivering high-quality communication under tight deadlines.
- Respect for discretion and ability to manage sensitive situations in a confidential manner.
- Exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail, especially in fact-checking and research activities.
- Ability to regularly travel
- Effective communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office suite.
- Good presentation skills
- Interpersonal and people management skills.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent record keeping abilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related field.
- Relevant professional qualification e.g NUJ will be an added advantage.
- 15years working experience in a relevant role (e.g writing for political campaigns and high profile organizational leaders.
Application Closing Date
2nd December, 2013
Method of Application
Apply only if you meet the stated requirements.
Qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to:[email protected] . Please indicate job title and location as subject of the mail.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted if you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please read carefully.