Action Against Hunger – ACF International is an international humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger. Recognized as a leader in the fight against malnutrition, Action Against Hunger | ACF International saves the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger. With 30 years of expertise in emergency situations of conflict, natural disaster, and chronic food insecurity, ACF runs life-saving programs in some 40 countries benefiting five million people each year.
ACFis recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: CMAM Program Coverage Officer
- The CMAM (Community Management of Acute Malnutrition) program coverage officer will work closely with and support the CMAM coverage program manager (PM) in planning, designing, conducting, analyzing and reporting on SLEAC (Simplified Lot Quality Assurance Sampling Evaluation of Access and Coverage), SQUEAC (Semi Quantitative Evaluation of Access and Coverage), assessments. The nature of the implementation involves collection of relevant data while compiling draft report in the process.
- The CMAM program officer will work closely with the deputy program manager (DPM) to backstop the PM in all the ongoing and continuously planned assessments within the project period.
- The CMAM program coverage officer is directly managed by the DPM and in a coordinated effort also, liaises with the Head of Bases (HoBs), State Technical Advisor (STA), LGA officers, and Logistics & administration (Log & Admin) from time to time. The procedures set by the organization in terms of running daily activities, security and technical aspects of surveys must be followed by the CMAM program coverage officer at times in execution of his/her duties in the specific state /area.
Qualifications and Skills
- Basic degree or diploma in a field related to statistics, monitoring and evaluation, health, nutrition, epidemiology or any other related discipline.
- Demonstrable experience working in the implementation and management of Community-based Management of Acute Malnutrition.
- Prior experience in health and nutrition assessments in Northern Nigeria.
- Excellent communication skills essential.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- High level of English written and oral communication essential.
- Ability to speak Hausa.
- Self initiative.
- Be effective Planner and organized in tasks implementation.
- Commitment to Continuous Learning.
- Team player.
- Analytical thinking.
- Possess problem solving skills.
- Ability to train others.
- Have knowledge of CMAM in Northern Nigerian context.
- Experience with international NGOs.
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2013.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Cover Letter and CV to:[email protected] using the position title as the email subject.
Note: Only qualified candidates should apply and will be considered.