At Ernst & Young we support you in achieving your unique potential both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world’s most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives. At Ernst & Young you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world. It’s how you make a difference.
Assurance gives organizations and their investors the confidence that the results they report give a true and fair picture of their business. As an assurance professional at Ernst & Young, you’ll work in a high-performing and inclusive environment that offers you great opportunities to develop an interesting and fulfilling career, wherever you are in the world. You will work in multidisciplinary teams to handle complex issues and resolve challenges for leading companies. We’ll support you in your professional development so you achieve your potential. As a result of growth, vacancies exist in all our service lines.
We are currently recruiting for the Position of:
Job Title: Senior Assurance
- Responsible for participating in and supervising multiple client engagements and other related activities under the general direction of more experienced engagement team members.
- Discusses moderately complex issues with engagement team and client management.
- General accounting and financial reporting assistance.
Your client Responsibilities
- Understands and explains to staff the objectives of an audit, planned other services, and the staff’s role in the audit process
- Stays abreast of general business and economic developments and applies their understanding of the client’s business and industry to identify areas of audit significance, assesses the degree of risk and the nature of the errors that could result from the client’s accounting estimates, identifies unusual or unexpected transactions, and explains important developments/matters to staff
- Develops the Audit Approach Plan and prepares detailed audit programs for tests of controls and substantive procedures for significant accounts
- Executes audit procedures, such as understanding and evaluating significant sources of information, testing controls, and performing substantive procedures in moderately complex, judgmental and/or specialized areas. Drafts financial statements and footnote disclosures in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles
- Prepares memoranda and other working papers, letters, and correspondence (e.g., Audit Planning Memorandum, Audit Approach Plan, management letter, and correspondence with the client).
- Participates in meetings with the client engagement team and the client. Presents information to others in one-on-one and small group situations, such as verbal presentations to client personnel.
- Interacts with client personnel and demonstrates a commitment to continually improve our client’s satisfaction.
Your People Responsibilities
- Fosters teamwork by maintaining cooperative relationships with the client engagement team; contributing to a work environment that leads to high morale, productivity, and open communications; facilitating the resolution of conflicts; sharing information; and, accepting and providing constructive feedback
- Provides guidance to assist staff in reaching their full potential (e.g., willingly addresses questions, contributes constructive on-the-job feedback and training, conducts meaningful and timely performance reviews).
- Graduates from Finance / Economics / Accounting;
- At least two years experience working as an auditor for a public accounting firm or possesses particular business/industry experience to meet special needs;
- English – advanced level (business English);
- Other language is a plus;
- Proficient IT skills (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Self-motivated, positive attitude.
- Attention to detail with a commitment to high quality and accuracy.
- Desire to exceed expectations.
- Interest in the different fields of assurance.
- User level IT (Ms Office) knowledge.
We offer you:
- Work with a bright, friendly and energetic team.
- Develop your personal and business skills by working on challenging projects with some of the most well-known companies as well as threw our extensive learning and development programs.
- Receive a competitive intern remuneration package.
Application Closing Date
15th April, 2014.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should APPLY